Thursday, June 7, 2012

Goodbye Peak Week, Hello NPC SoCal

The sun beams so brightly today, leaves green and birds chirping their songs, all communicating that June Gloom is gone and summer is here. I sit in my cube wishing I was there or anywhere but here. I don’t dread my job but I am antsy with anticipate for the 2012 NPC Southern California Championships. This is my first experience with an extreme “Peak Week.” For those unfamiliar, peak week involves manipulating your calories, carbohydrates, sodium and water levels to increase the appearance of muscle density and fullness while offering maximum vascularity.

I am filled with excitement from head to toe, muscle and bones. I’ve had 16 weeks of endless training to prepare myself for one single day. Dedication to healthy diet, rigorous training, and a new found lifestyle have given me a greater appreciation for hard work and the rewards created from accomplishing a goal. Usually I am an individual that experiences great anxiety and nervousness in front of people and the days leading to, but I feel like I have climbed and conquered such a great mountain that no emotion or action will stop me now. I’m invincible!

And now for the fun…pedi and mani this evening, shopping for a new wardrobe at My Sister’s Closet, tan, tanning, more tanning and a few other prep secrets.

Stay tuned for peak day details and competition results!

No comments:

Post a Comment